Are you looking to replace the windows in your home before the year is over? Not sure if replacing them during the winter is the right choice, though? Don’t stress about not getting your windows replaced now that we’re entering the winter months. Replacing your windows during the winter can be beneficial and isn’t as scary as it might seem, especially if you live in a colder climate. Don’t fear winter window replacements when you choose All American Window and Door for your next winter window replacement project!
Will winter window replacements make your home a freezer?
If you live in a colder climate, you might think getting your windows replaced in the winter is a crazy idea! However, when looking for the right window replacement company, make sure to find out what procedures they follow to keep your house warm during your window installation project. Luckily, it doesn’t get freezing in Southern California, so you won’t have to worry about your home becoming a freezer, even if you get your windows replaced during the winter months. At All American Window and Door, we ensure that we take the proper steps to keep your home at a comfortable temperature during the installation process during all of our replacement projects.
Installing replacement windows can be a winter job
It may come as a surprise, but window replacement projects can be a winter job! When you replace the windows in your home, the benefits start immediately. Replacement windows enhance your home’s interior comfort and add transformational curb appeal. Installing replacement windows during the winter can also save you money and time!
Best practices for winter window replacement jobs
There are multiple ways to ensure that your home stays warm during a winter window replacement project. Some of these practices include:
● Removing one window at a time – Removing one window limits the amount of air that is let in or out of your home, ensuring your home is kept at a comfortable temperature.
● Using plastic floor-to-ceiling barriers – Using plastic barriers is highly beneficial to trap the heat in your home while keeping out unwanted, cold air from the outside when installing windows. This is usually used for larger openings, like picture windows.
● Keeping doors closed – Keeping the doors closed during a window replacement project helps keep cold air out and ensure it doesn’t travel to other areas of your home.
● Keeping your home clean – Installers should use tarps, shoe covers, and other practices during harsh weather conditions to ensure your home remains clean.
Reasons to replace your windows during winter
There are a few different reasons you should replace your windows during the winter and why it is also beneficial. Some of these reasons include:
● Scheduling – Since business is usually slower during the winter months, chances are you can get your replacement project scheduled and completed much sooner than during warmer months.
● Affordability – Since business is usually slower, discounts and sales can sometimes only be taken advantage of during the winter.
● Lower Monthly Expenses – Once you replace your old windows, your home will be more energy-efficient. This will save you money on your electric bills in the long run!
How All American Window & Door Can Help You!
Your leaky and outdated windows can make your home chilly and uncomfortable during the colder months. Replacing your windows in the winter season can be beneficial and get your home ready just in time for the new year! If you’re looking to save money on your electric bills and increase your home’s curb appeal, don’t fear winter window replacements when you choose All American Window and Door! If you’re ready to get started, give us a call at (760) 360-2631, or click here to get in contact!